There is a common expression “beauty requires sacrifice. And women, striving to be more beautiful and attractive, are willing to sacrifice their time, energy, sleep and money every day, doing hair styling.
Hair curlers, blow dryers, curling irons, multistylers, curlers and all kinds of products for fixation are used. But even the good styling can’t last more than a day, and often it doesn’t last even till the evening. The solution – long-lasting curls created by chemically induced. And among the possible options takes a worthy place under the sun spiral chemistry.
What is a spiral chemistry
Spiral chemistry refers to the vertical method of curling. Its difference from the vertical chemistry is that it involves only the use of special spiral bobbins with a slit, and particularly aggressive compositions. With vertical chemistry any bobbins can be used (only the way they are placed is important) and different compositions, which expands the range of curls. Spiral chemistry is aimed only at obtaining well-formed and strong curls in the form of a slightly elongated spring. Therefore, only strong permanentents are always used in order to achieve a quality result.
Spiral chemistry is not available to all ladies due to the peculiarities of the procedure and its aggressiveness. Hair curling is recommended by hairdressers if: Hair is long, hard and heavy, so that more gentle curls do not give a worthwhile result. Hair is poorly susceptible to chemical compositions and other methods simply do not work on them. There is gray hair. The hair is prone to greasiness and fast pollution.
How perms are performed
Perms can be performed using hot or cold methods and three types of preparations: Matrix is the least aggressive of the possible options. They have a neutral pH. The action consists in deep penetration into the structure and stretching of sulfur bridges to create a curl. Thioglycolic – have high pH. The active ingredient is acid, it penetrates into the hair, softens the bonds and builds sulfur bridges in the shape of a bobbin. High-alkaline – have a low pH. The active ingredient is alkali, it lifts the bristles of the hair, penetrates under them and fixes the curl. Heating is required for the reaction to occur.
Highly alkaline compositions are used only for the hot method of perm, when the hair wound on bobbins is connected to steam or electric devices that carry out the heating. To protect the scalp between her and bobbins when curling hair placed cotton swabs. It is carried out only in the salon.
Pluses and minuses of spiral perms
Spiral perm has a number of advantages:
- Only it allows you to make high-quality long-playing curls on long, heavy, stiff and unyielding hair.
- Curls last a long time in a perfect spiral condition – about 6 months.
- Spiral curls look very effective regardless of hair color.
- The hair becomes much more voluminous and visually appears thicker.
- Suitable for gray hair, which is difficult to both color and curl.
- The hair styling with dignity withstands any trials of bad weather.
- This procedure considerably reduces greasiness of hair and deprives the lady of the daily necessity to wash her hair.
- The lady no longer has to spend a lot of time in the morning on styling, to look spectacular, just comb and fix the locks.